Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Eat fresh.


One of my favorite things to do when I am with my family is to start singing the "five dollar foot long" song from the Subway commercials. Drives them insane. Don't you doubt that it is now stuck in all of their heads.

As I lay in bed for my after-school nap today, watching a couple of episodes of Law and Order: SVU, my long-awaited roommate finally arrived home, and she sat on the foot of my bed, and we gabbed about clothes and boys. Actually, we didn't gab about clothes OR boys. We talked about my other favorite thing, food. She was about to go to a meeting, and I was concerned about her dinner plans, so I inquired. I quickly became jealous to discover that her online RSVP for the meeting included a Google form to place a Subway order which would be provided upon her arrival. (She pointed out the effectiveness of this "perk," where potential attendees are committed to attend after placing an order, because no one wants your weird sandwich.) She left and I took a nap and I dreamed about Subway sandwiches.

My order (for the record, the same since I was about 10 years old, when I split a foot-long with Corey): white bread, turkey, American cheese, lettuce, olives, black pepper.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not going to lie I thought you were writing about double-entendres(sp?) but I would have brought you someone's weird sandwich because five people didn't show... how rude can you be???

    ReplyDelete