Okay so the title has nothing to do with the subject of today's post. I was thinking about my friend Jessica, and then I started thinking about this book. (The title is a quote from the book.) It's really good, and it was one of my mom's favorites to read out loud to us until middle school or whenever it was that we let her stop reading out loud to us.
The other day, Roommate Courtney was at a concert with Birthday Girl Jenn, so Jessica came over and we watched scary movies. First, though, we went to Target to buy a scary movie... I also bought other things I didn't need, like a new set of purple sheets and the movie "We're Back!" for Corey (it's about dinosaurs). When Courtney came back from the concert, she reviewed my purchases and enthusiastically mandated that I should not be allowed to shop with Jessica anymore. Apparently the ridiculousness of our purchases becomes significantly more severe when we are together. Example: At Urban Outfitters, Jess tried to buy a decorative pillow that was shaped like a stack of pancakes. Of course I was supportive, but Courtney yelled at Jess for some reason, so she didn't end up getting it.
Flashback to Thanksgiving 2010: Spent the holiday at my dad's mom's house with (most of) the Sayson gang. Jessica came over too so she wouldn't have to trek back home to Palm Springs, and she made a wonderful addition, especially for my baby cousins (she was a preschool teacher). I avoided a short mini-crisis when I let my grandmother know on Thanksgiving morning that Jessica is allergic to onions. Oops. We spent some of Thanksgiving looking through the sale ads for Black Friday, and made a judgment call to go to sleep as early as possible so we could wake up at 3:30am and get to the Bay Fair Target by 4:00am. We got there right as the crowd was filing in, and we were in and out (including the electronics department!) in less than an hour. Then, on to meet Courtney in Walnut Creek, where we shopped until lunch. While waiting for our lunch, Jess and I made the mistake of adding up the totals of our receipts. We stopped short of adding up all of our receipts in order to justify a trip to the mall in Pleasanton and then back in San Jose...
By the numbers:
5 shopping centers
14 hours of shopping
2 trips to Target
7 DVDs
(at least) 8 Christmas presents!
a lot of things I don't remember purchasing
Total $ Spent: I'll never tell. Although, it wasn't an entire paycheck. I think.
hahah i sound like the bad guy here.. but you'll be happy when you will both be happy when you're not homeless and have enough money to pay rent!
ReplyDeleteCourtney I'm a grown-up! Doesn't that mean I get to make my own bad decisions and buy whatever I want?
ReplyDelete