General efficiency tip: Put milk (and sugar if you use it, which I don't) in the mug before brewing. When the coffee shoots into your mug, it will mix itself and you don't have to dirty a spoon or waste a coffee stirrer. Some of my colleagues don't like this method because apparently it doesn't mix well enough, but it works fine for me. Maybe sugar is the challenge? Addendum: Don't use sugar.
Different tasks at work I can accomplish while my K-cup is brewing:
(It's fun to watch the first time, but after that, it's boring. Pick one...!)
(It's fun to watch the first time, but after that, it's boring. Pick one...!)
1. Put a bagel in the toaster and take out cream cheese and a knife for when it pops out.
2. Empty the work dishwasher (and load it with anything left in the sink last night).
3. Apply makeup. (Note: I do this sometimes when I'm too tired to do so before I leave work. It does require some pre-planning, i.e., grab makeup bag on the way to the kitchen for coffee brewing and run to and from the bathroom mirror to make it back in time for the brewer to be just finished. This is one of my favorites because not only does it accomplish a cup of coffee and wearing makeup, but also the running to and from the bathroom gets my daily exercise out of the way.
4. Answer an email (boring).
5. Refill the drink fridge. Again, daily exercise. (Carrying things.)
And my favorite...
6. Refill the water in the K-cup brewer. This seems obvious, but I actually find it really amazing that I can put cold water into the machine while it is brewing without disrupting the temperature of my brewing coffee. Keurig, you're a genius.
On a crazy day I will also leave a weird Post-It note for a coworker for when he/she arrives to the office, or I will microwave some mashed potatoes for breakfast if I am particularly hungry, but I hope you will find these general tips useful for when you use your K-cup maker or have an idle minute-and-a-half to spare!
There's no way you can do all these things in a minute and a half. Calling your bluff here.
ReplyDeleteJust one of them. I like to change it up sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI used a Keurig for the first time last week while housesitting. It just wasn't...strong enough. I like my French press.
ReplyDelete