1. Control freak
2. Cold-natured
3. Lactose intolerance
4. Boring/sleepy
Believe it or not, in my however brief or extensive breaks from blogging, I am actually still brainstorming good topics for this blog. Unfortunately, I'm either too boring to come up with something good, or I end up falling asleep before I think of something. (Note: This is the point where I added #4 to the list above.) A few of my ideas are listed above; I may or may not address them in the future.
Today, I am cold. I like to have the heat on blast at all times during the winter. For financial reasons, I try to limit the number of evenings where my heater is on through the entire night to about once a week, but that does mean that the other 6 mornings I spend 30 extra minutes in bed in the morning after I wake up, trying to stop crying and motivate myself to get the hot shower going ASAP. If I'm too cold, I tend to shut down. A while ago, I tweeted this article. Teachers and bosses often say they keep the AC up to make sure their students/employees awake during the day. But I celebrated the day this article told me that cold temperatures do not make people more productive. Space heater under my desk at work is now justified. Also explains why I fell asleep during both Lincoln and The Hobbit, both of which I viewed from the Coldest Movie Theater on the Planet which happens to be located very near to my house.
I am cold today because (a) It is winter, (b) It is nighttime in the Bay Area, and (c) I'm at the airport. After the movie theater near my house, the airport ranks the highest on my list as the coldest indoor structure I've ever been to that pretends to regulate its temperature. Airplanes are actually colder than airports. I am very excited for my upcoming week with the family in North Carolina, but I have to get through a redeye that departs at 12:30am without being so cold that I wake up on the flight and realize I have to use the bathroom. I spent a few days thinking about/stressing over this personal problem in anticipation of tonight's flight, though, so I sincerely hope that this time I come prepared.
In addition to my carry-on of enough winter clothes and toiletries to barter with my sisters for a week's worth of outfits, I come bearing: Two shirts, two jackets (I'm wearing them both right now. Neither are meant for layering. I look stupid and I can't put my arms down by my sides.), boots, thick socks, long underwear with my jeans, a ski headband, and a fleece blanket. I'm probably going to be wearing more things on the plane than are left in my suitcase.
Personal problems to address:
1. Control freak
3. Lactose intolerance
4. Boring/sleepy
at the airport now and shaking because i'm so cold. i checked my bag so i guess i'm SOL. a;sldkfj . at least i'm really early for my flight.. #airportblues
ReplyDelete