Actually, one of the best things about my job is the interns. The interns are the cream of the high school crop -- possibly one of the most competed-for positions at camp, and their daily tasks include anything and everything. They copy and move papers around all day, but they also fill in for instructors on break, provide some extra supervision for the campers, and help avert any emergencies that arrive throughout the day. Since the office is their home base (and since I spend the majority of the day in the office), I get pretty frequent interaction with these jacks-of-all-(camp)-trades. I like them because they are energetic, happy, smart, helpful, responsible, etc. (I hope none of them are reading this, lest they think they are entitled to start slacking off.) Incidentally, they make my life at work much easier and much more enjoyable.
Sadly, the interns are all pending promotions at camp, so they'll be spending more time in the classroom, and less time doing the following...
- advising (debating with?) me about the health benefits and consequences of fast food,
- making me new purses in Fashion Design,
- offering to iron my clothes,
- pretending that they don't already know how to do whatever procedure it is that I am trying to explain to them, and, the latest -
- creating a makeshift contact lens case for me when my eyes hurt. (Complete with a gift-wrap bow!)

(Made from film containers... I think. See the "L" and "R"?
I put the stapler in the shot so you can tell it's at my desk at work.)
I put the stapler in the shot so you can tell it's at my desk at work.)
I'm jealous. I need interns.
ReplyDelete