Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Birthday #1: Family

Today is my birthday! I think I'll have a couple of birthday posts (still waiting to compile all those Facebook wall posts to dedicate one to my friends...), but this post is inspired by the gift given to me by my little sister Erin:Yep, she made that. A while back I found a similar drawing that she produced and asked her to personalize one for my birthday. It is now sitting in a frame on my desk until I determine which bare wall it will best transform. This quote is somewhat of an anthem for the Sayson sisters... it's from a song by The Avett Brothers called "Murder in the City" (video below) about family. Great lyrics in general, but this quote in particular was mantra-cised by Corey a few years ago, then has been passed around between us for a while. Appropriate that a quote about love, family, and sharing be gifted to me on my birthday, since I have to share my actual birthday with my twin sister. As they say, there's nothing quite worth sharing like the love that...

Happy 23rd Corey (and me). I'm thankful to have a family who I enjoy sharing things with.


1 comment:

  1. i love it!!! you should make a rule that every piece of artwork in your room should be avett bros lyrics

    ReplyDelete