Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dance.

(Think the beginning of Ke$ha's "Blow.") I'm pretty satisfied with my level of talent. I'm good at a lot of things... like painting my nails, board games, remembering people's names, and hanging things on walls in straight lines. I'm also not-so-good at a lot of things... like science experiments, staying up late at night, returning voicemails, and speaking in a loud voice. However, there's only one thing that I'm actually really sad about being not-so-good at, and that's dancing. Let's take a walk down Memory Lane:

In elementary school when all the girls were in dance class, I resisted. To quote Will.I.Am, "I got it from my mama," who has always been fundamentally drama-free, and apparently nature/nurtured that on my way. Instead, I followed in my mom's footsteps (are you catching the extended path-walking metaphor?) to a gymnastics career. You may be thinking that this is similar to dance, and you might be right in that they both have (often) tiny people and leotards, but you are wrong because you have to add awesome and subtract tutus, shoes, tights, glitter, and drama. Thanks Mom for being cool, but maybe if you made me take dance classes then I could be a ballet dancer or backup dancer for Beyonce and also a diva. (If you know me at all, you're laughing at that last. Or those all three.)


Currently watching: So You Think You Can Dance (I don't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment