Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Don't believe me? Ask the dishes.

Just saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D and it was awesome. It was a family favorite when I was growing up... and one of three movies I remember watching for a consecutive week with my sisters. (One of those was Miracle, the other was Annie. The latter drove my mother to memory loss or something terrible like that when Corey and I performed one-too-many reenactments in the living room.)

It was fun to watch a movie that I loved so much when I was young, but haven't seen in years. Very comforting to know that I can still remember every line of the movie. Courtney and I had a blast all day texting and G-chatting our favorite lines in anticipation of the momentous 3D viewing.

My favorite scene was, and still is "Be Our Guest." There are a few reasons I have always loved this scene... All the fancy foods being paraded around the biggest table I have ever seen, great music, and the snow coming from the salt shaker while Lumiere is driving Cogsworth up the wall. Most importantly though, there's only one thing that's better than a stack of nice white dishes.


...and that's nice white dishes that can sing and dance. (After all, Miss -- This is France!)


Now, however, I have a different reason for favoring this musical number, and that's because the song features some of the career highlights of my favorite character actor, Lumiere Jerry Orbach.

1 comment: