[Subject change. Sort of.]
One of my Top Ten favorite things to do: Telling my Dad when I've done something financially responsible.
(Dad reads my blog, so this is me telling him. Sorry I haven't called you in a while, Dad, but I thought of you a million times today, starting with hearing on NPR that It's National Nurse Anesthetists Week!, and ending with blogging right now. Also, I tried to Google "National Anesthesiologist Week" but nothing came up. It's probably next weeks.)
Examples of financially responsible things I have done and told Dad about: paying bills, opening a savings account, getting a job, finding money when cleaning my room, actually putting money in my savings account, getting my oil changed, buying something on sale, going for a jog... okay some of those were things I tell my dad, but not so finance-related.
Responsible thing I did today, Dad: Paid my car registration.
I didn't just pay it either. I walked in the door from work, opened the renewal notice from the mail pile (Thanks Courtney!), opened up my computer, paid online, and now I'm telling you about it.
Part of the reason I was so excited to pay so promptly was because I opened the notice, looked at the amount, and thought to myself... Why isn't this $400 like I thought it would be? Then I realized that it's I opened it before I missed all three payment deadlines like I did last year. So perhaps Sam(antha) of the (recent) past wasn't quite as financially responsible as she is now, but I believe I see a new leaf a-turning.
As my roommate Courtney tells her students, "New year, Fresh start."
Way to go Sam. I really believe that you will accomplish your dreams. Your fan, Ms. G.
ReplyDelete