Sunday, September 18, 2011

This will probably make you angry if you are more responsible than I am...

Today's story starts with Courtney asking if I had any markers to borrow for poster-making.

(Of COURSE I have markers! See "School Supplies.")

Today, I even knew where to find them! I've lived in my current apartment for a little over a year now, and the organization "system" that I've got going on might not be the most efficient of the policies and procedures I've created. I don't like buying (physically) large items, so when it comes to deciding what furniture to buy to put all of my things away, I like to make piles of my things until I figure out what type of storage unit (e.g., cabinet, shelf, dresser, cardboard box) best suits my needs. Every once in a while, though, I look at my piles of stuff and think, "Whoa, Samantha! You look like a crazy person with all these piles!" So I either (a) purchase a storage unit, (b) move the piles to somewhere less visible, (c) throw things away, or (d) re-organize the piles into different piles.

Somewhat recently I accomplished (b) move the piles to somewhere less visible. In this case, the piles were my teaching materials, and I moved them into a locked closet that is on our porch. Among these materials were my three boxes of markers, so I knew exactly where to find them when Courtney asked. Unfortunately, I did not know exactly where to find the key to the closet. Since accomplishing (b) move the piles to somewhere less visible, I have also made a big mess in my room that has yet to be organized into piles. I figured it was now time to create some piles asfastaspossible, so that I could hopefully find the storage key in the midst of the organization process.

What I'm about to tell you about myself will make you very jealous of me. When I clean my room, I almost always find a considerable sum of money. And of course, while creating today's piles, I very quickly found $100 that I have been saving since my trip to Las Vegas in February earlier this year. I thought about stopping and buying markers with the $100, but then I thought about all the other things I might find while cleaning. I didn't actually find the storage key (yet), but I thought I'd stop mid-cleaning and blog about all the cool stuff I found:
  • my cowboy boots (which I was looking for last week)
  • my favorite nail file
  • four pairs of earrings
  • an unopened CD (What's a CD???)
  • 100 MORE dollars
I guess I'll continue searching for that key... but more on my mind will be all the other cool stuff (money) I might find!

1 comment: