Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Be awesome instead!

"Whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead!"
- Barney Stinson

Every time I think I'm getting sick, I always think of this quote from the tv show How I Met Your Mother. Of course, right after Barney says this in the show, he gets really sick and pathetic. When I'm getting sick, my normal next step is to call or text my dad and ask him what I should do. I always would like and sort of expect for him to respond with some magic password or secret concoction that he knows about because he's a doctor. Instead, he usually suggests some practical, well-known approach like, "Wash your hands every ten minutes," or, "Take some vitamin C and zinc," or, "Exercise." (That last one never works because just hearing the word makes me feel deathly ill.) These are things which, were I not an avid participant in the Denial stage of getting sick, would probably be effective remedies if I did them when the people around me started getting sick or when the seasons started changing and I could have easily predicted that I would be sick.

However, now I'm at work and my hands are so dry from washing them that I can barely type, and I have filled myself up with Dayquil and tea with honey and Emergen-C, and I have a looming fear that my congested head will fall off of my neck onto my desk and there will be no one to sit around and wait for emails to fill my work inbox...

Why is it so hard to just stop being sick and be awesome instead?

2 comments:

  1. ;asdlfkjasd. barney is too awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I feel sad, I stop feeling sad and I feel awesome. Suiting up also helps a LOT!

    ReplyDelete