I like sushi. It's very sophisticated and fancy and organized. It's rare to find something that is both "fancy" and "organized." I like the taste of sushi. I have a lot of respect for the people who can make sushi... it seems like it's an art. The first time I ever thought about eating sushi was when I saw Molly Ringwald's character in "The Breakfast Club" eating sushi at Saturday detention. Even though everyone else in detention made fun of her, I thought she looked super classy. At the end of the movie, when Molly Ringwald gives Judd Nelson a diamon
d earring, I thought it would be almost as cool if she gave him a piece of sushi. The only reason that didn't happen was obviously because sushi that has been sitting out for six hours is obviously not as classy and fancy as a piece of fresh sushi or a diamond earring. Another thing about me and sushi is that one of my friends last year started calling me "Sashimi Deluxe" for no reason. As far as nicknames go, I don't mind being referred to as a piece of sushi because it makes me feel sophisticated and fancy and organized.Anyway, last night, I was eating and...
I realized that I never actually have the desire to eat sushi. I was in the city attempting to narrow down dining options for the evening... I like most food genres, so Process of Elimination is never the most efficient way to decide what is for dinner. When a friend suggested a sushi place, I was oddly unenthusiastic. He said, "You don't like sushi?" I thought about it. I do like sushi. I just would always rather eat something else. Like a cheeseburger. With bacon. Sushi is sophisticated and fancy and organized, but it doesn't make my stomach and heart as happy as a cheeseburger bacon does. Sushi is a lot of work. It's a lot of work for someone to make for me to ungratefully pop a piece in my mouth to chew for five minutes, swallow, and still feel hungry. Sushi takes a lot of chewing. I don't really get "full" when I'm eating sushi, just tired.
Does eating sushi count as exercise?
- Sashimi D.
No comments:
Post a Comment