Monday, September 5, 2011

Something to think about...

I was listening to "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" on NPR probably a year ago and heard a statistic that women who have male names are apparently x-significant-percent more successful than women on average. Peter Sagal went on to suggest that you should name your daughter "Bob" if you want her to be successful... The suggestion was obviously a joke, but when I was applying to jobs, I had a conversation that was maybe a little bit serious with Roommate Courtney about changing my name on my resume to "Sam" instead of "Samantha" just to see what happened. She assured me that it was probably unnecessary, but now sometimes I call her Courtland when I want her to know I'm taking her seriously. (I didn't end up changing my name on the resume...)

The obvious (okay, maybe not) question is--

What are we supposed to think of this guy??

**Just another episode inspired by Law and Order

1 comment: