Thursday, January 19, 2012

Still cold

Oh, oops. It's January.

And it's still cold. Actually, we in the Bay Area have been spoiled with a relatively nice winter. Normally, by now, it's been raining nonstop and I'm completely miserable. This season, the cold didn't hit until about to days ago, and the rain not until about five minutes ago.

In November, I blogged about my (negative) feelings toward the cold. I made some resolutions about surviving the cold season, which I partially followed for reasons other than remembering to follow my blog resolutions, and the other part of following them had to do with the fact that it wasn't actually that cold.

Example: I resolved to buy lots of mugs to make myself
happier. I didn't actually do this, but I did find a nice mug that my roommate bought me in Phoenix, and then the mug on the right was given to me by my boyfriend's family for Christmas. It makes me so happy, and 50% of other female employees at my job are jealous of it. (Okay, that's just one person, but she's very stylish!) In our new office, we have a new Keurig brewing system, so when I'm cold, I can take my cute mugs to the kitchen, grab a K-cup, and warm myself up. My favorites: Caribou Blend Coffee and Tully's House Blend. Another perk to my job includes being the person to online shop for K-cup varieties. Almost as fun as JCrew.com.

So there are the few ways in which I have combated the cold this season. Pathetic display, of course, considering it isn't actually as cold and miserable as I anticipated. The space heater under my desk doesn't hurt, either.

2 comments:

  1. all i can think about is how cold i am. all the time. a;ldsfkjasdl;f.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHY IS IT THE DEATH COLD ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete