Monday, February 28, 2011

One time, I was eating and...

No, but seriously.

Another food-related saga in Las Vegas led me to a delicious fast-food (what's not to love?) chicken-only Louisiana chain called Raising Cane's. Besides its irresistible 3 Finger Combo and peppery sauce, I sure can't resist a great story about overcoming adversity (link for more details).

Not only did this restaurant greet me with a mouth-watering and affordable breed of fast food, it also came to my rescue the next day after the Worst Hangover of My Life. (Admittedly, I do not usually get hangovers, and I do not mean to detract from a particular one of my comrades who spent the entire day in bed vomiting.) Three chicken fingers, crinkle fries, and some Texas toast later, I was ready to strip again. Go to the [LV] strip, that is.

However, I was a combination of aghast and disheartened to find Raising Cane's guilty of my #5 Pet Peeve: Styrofoam. Courtney and I cruised through the drive-thru where I ordered our combos with an extra Cane's sauce for her. It was all delivered to us in a generally space-efficient manner except for one thing:
THE EXTRA SAUCE
It is my opinion that this sauce could have been tossed gently into one of the combo boxes (also styrofoam, to my chagrin), but this small dipping sauce was instead placed in its already well-sealed container inside another container which was not only styrofoam, but also the size of a giant hamburger. Thus, from this scrumptious 29-cent dipping sauce was borne an oversized insult to both space efficiency and the environment.

Am I similarly guilty for treating my liver this weekend the same way this styrofoam box is treating the environment? (Damn Four Loko.)

2 comments:

  1. this is by far your best work yet. i dare say it tops valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed, I haven't read your other posts but I LOVE this one!!!

    ReplyDelete