Friday, April 6, 2012

A well-made bed


My current obsession lately is this website.  One Kings Lane is a website for discounted designer homewares, etc.  A while ago, I bashed Groupons, and I can see how OKL might seem like a similar enterprise, but here are a few differences...

  • OKL only has one email per day (okay, sometimes two).
  • OKL always has at least one category of things I would actually buy.  
  • OKL's website is a million times more aesthetically pleasing.
  • OKL never nags me about investing in exercise or teeth whitening.

I've become recently obsessed with home decor and turning my living spaces into pleasant, cohesive areas.  Restoration Hardware must have recently caught my drift because they sent me an 8 pound magazine the other day.  I would like to say that this recent obsession is due to my getting older and more mature and needing to stop living like a college student (I never had a Malm dresser, but I did the plastic-bin-storage thing for a way too long).  Realistically, it's probably just another way to rationalize shopping.

For about a week it got to the point where I bought something off OKL once a day, and then I had to pay my credit card bills and realized that those things cost money, so I slowed it down a bit.  Today my new birdcage-themed decorative pillow came in the mail though, and I couldn't resist checking out today's stuff... might have bought a nice necklace display, but it was SUCH a great deal.  

It's impossible not to be obsessed with One Kings Lane.  One thing I find really important in life is the ability to make a great bed.  Those hotel corners on your sheets really make for a great night's sleep.  OKL thinks so too: Here's a video they posted in the last couple of weeks... it just warms my heart.







No comments:

Post a Comment